The paper doll for today Sis a jane arden from 1935
![]() |
| 12 8 1935 |
Love the mans swimming costume. Isn't that what they called swimwear back then? I can't even imagine a guy wearing that on the beach today. And the shoes!! Looks strange to see a man in a bathing costume with dress shoes on his feet. I am in the process of converting this one to a black and white print, but it's going to take a little while due to all the dark tones in this one, I have to take all the dark areas out section by section rather than just converting it to grayscale then a bitmap image. I've got an notion to take all the Jane's and Boots paper dolls I've collected over the years and match up all the clothes that go with the doll in a particular pose. I have started to do this with my Katy Keene collection. It's then just a matter of sizing the clothes to fit the dolls as not all the dolls were the same size even though the poses were identical. And the clarity of some of my newspaper dolls are less than perfect and of course some of the renditions of her are photos while others are scans which will constitute me drawing the outfits by hand. In other words, I've got quite a task ahead of me should I chose to undertake doing it for Jane, Boots and also Brenda Starr. Tillie the Toiler always had different poses each week, so doing the same for her is impractical, though I could do a set named Tammy or something along those lines featuring the clothes from the strips.
Til' next time..... ALOHA!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment