Tuesday, December 9, 2014

TILLIE THE TOILER PAPER DOLL FROM 1934

Not much to say today. We finally have cable again after 2 and a half years without it. It's only connected to one of the televisions we own (and that is in my husbands den) but that is okay. I usually watch all my favorite shows on the Internet anyway.  I've done without television for 2 and a half years I can survive without it for little longer. There are shows that you can't see on line, like American Pickers (one of my favorites) and the episodes that are available to watch are several years old and I've already seen.

In The Italian's Virgin Princess Princess Joelle has told her grandfather and Leo that she will not be marrying him. On the day after her grandfather's birthday dinner, she took off the next morning for the neighboring island. Leo wasn't to pleased with her running off again and her grandfather wanted him to go after her, keep her there for awhile until she is more accepting of the nuptials. Joelle is angry with Leo for not telling her who he was and for checking up on her. What she seems to forget, is that it's just as much her fault as his for the tension between them. He thought she was promiscuous since she was willing to go to bed with him (a virtual stranger) four weeks before she was due to be married. Joelle, for her part, never once mentioned to him before she went to bed with him, that she was engaged to be wed.  All the more reason for Leo to think she'd slept around during the 11 months she was in New Orleans.  Of course he finds out that she's an innocent and that does redeem her a little in his eyes but the fact remains she was willing to go to bed with 
someone she'd only met at a night club. 

I'm almost finished with the book. I'm at the part where he's met her at the docks and taken her to his home on the very same island her family has a residence on. He has put a GPS device on her wrist that looks like a very nice piece of jewelry but, should she decide to leave again,  he can track her down much easier.  Joelle is not very happy about it since she can't remove it. Only Leo can.

The paper doll for today is from is a Tillie from 1934. I had a little difficulty finding a paper doll in my collection to correspond with today's date. I don't always have complete years so have to search through all the scans/photos to find one. I have to admit that in the beginning when scanning these I wasn't very organized and just had the dates and years but they weren't in any folders. I'm slowly getting them all into folders. Eventually I want (as mentioned in a previous post) to feature one doll with all the costumes that went with that particular pose. This one had to be tweaked a bit before I posted her as the original was a photograph. Still the quality was excellent and not blurred like some photos are. 
It's interesting to note that her outfits are "hunting togs" which begs the question: Where is her rifle? If she's going out hunting an animal, shouldn't she have a firearm of some sort? Or are her hunting togs the kind that one would wear to hunt the male human animal with?  I love the expression on her face. She's clearly up to some kind of mischief.  

12 9 1934

And here is the same doll converted to black and white. 



I will have a color version of this posted as soon as it's finished. I have to close any gaps before I can color it in and that takes a little time to do. 

Til' next time......                                           ALOHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment