![]() |
| 12 10 1933 |
In future postings, up until Christmas, I am hoping to post some Christmas activity pages for those with young ones. This will include printable coloring pages and crafts to do and make.
I'm pretty much finished with The Italian's Virgin Bride. The two main characters have made up their differences (as if there was any doubt, it's a Harlequin after all) and Joelle did end up marrying Leo. There is a minor character in the book named Lacey, who was Joelle's roommate. I rather wonder if Porter did a book featuring her. I'm not sure why but the name seems familiar. It could be though that another author had a character named Lacey. I do have to get another novel by Porter entitled His Majesty's Mistake as it is linked by character to The Sheikh's Virgin. It's not a part of any series but after reading the synopsis on the book found that it does relate to a character mentioned in one of her Sheikh books. So naturally I'll have to get that book too. I try to collect all my favorite authors which constitutes having a very large book collection. While one would wonder why I need so many books and have I read them all, I would answer that I do need the books because I will read them again at a future date (I've read Johanna Lindsey's novels several times over the years and am still picking up her novels as they are released then re read the ones that it pertains to such as her Mallory series) and no I haven't read all the books in my collection. Eventually I intend to but wouldn't be surprised that I never do get a chance to read every single book in my personal library. And though I can get the majority of the books I own on Kindle, I LIKE to see all the books that I have in front of me rather than on a digital device.
Eventually though I will have to break down and purchase a Kindle simply because some of my favorite authors release novellas having to do with characters in their books only in e-book form. Such as The Knight by Monica McCarty. It's a novel that is in between book 7 and 8 of her series and according to the Fantastic Fiction site I visit from time to time (a great way to keep up with the books coming out by my favorite authors, they have over 30,000 authors listed at their site) it is book 7.5 since it is a novella rather than a full length book and is about James Douglas, (The Black as he was referred to back then) one of the Highland Guard. So whether I like it or not, I'm going to eventually invest in one of the new fangled electronic devices. It would be sweet if I could just download the book on my computer rather than purchase the Kindle in order to read the book but according to Amazon, you have to buy the Kindle in order to download the novel. Which rather bites since I have a means of reading the novella digitally and, as far as I'm concerned, should be able to download it onto a computer rather than the digital book.
Til' next time............. ALOHA!!

No comments:
Post a Comment