Sunday, December 7, 2014

BOOTS PAPER DOLL FROM DECEMBER 7TH 1958 AND IN OBSERVANCE OF PEARL HARBOR DAY.


ARIZONA MEMORIAL

On a Sunday much like today 73 years ago the American fleet at Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. So many young Americans lost their lives on that day.  I've yet to visit the Arizona Memorial but one day I will. There's just something about walking across that span over the ship that unnerves me. I KNOW it's irrational, I don't think those still entombed would mind all that much but I can't walk on a grave in a cemetery without getting the heebie jeebies.  As I've never actually been to the Arizona Memorial, I had to find a photo of the Memorial on the Internet so am also sharing the link to where I found the photo. I have, though, been to Punchbowl but for some reason I can only find one photo that I took. Not sure why, or how, the photos disappeared but I do have the photos on CD so I will have to look through them to see if I can find the other photos of Punchbowl that I know I took. 


PUNCHBOWL JULY 2007

BRENNAN'S 
I'm still reading The Italian's Virgin Princess.  Joelle accepted a dinner invitation from Leo, who technically is a virtual stranger to her, little suspecting that the man is her finance. After a quiet dinner at Brennan's  they go back to his hotel where one thing leads to another and she ends up loosing her virginity to him. She leaves him a note that more or less thanks him for her initiation
into sex and she leaves for Melio the next morning.  When he goes to find her and discovers her gone, he is none to happy. He waits a week and finally meets her again at her Grandfather's birthday party. To say she was surprised is an understatement. She's devastated since she had never thought to see him again. Prior to meeting him again, for the second time, she'd already decided not to go through with the wedding to Prince Luigi and upon seeing Leo again and fuming over the fact that he duped her by not telling her who he was when they'd met in New Orleans, she definitely didn't want to marry him, regardless of the strong attraction she has for him. I'm at the part where they are about to sit down to dinner where her Grandfather is celebrating his day of birth with 100 of his close friends. Leo and Joelle have just entered the dining room and are being watched with speculative eyes of everyone present. 

Today's paper doll is another boots from 1958.

12/7/1958
Converted to black and white...



I will recolor this and update the post when it is finished. 


Til' next time.....                                                 ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment