When I scanned the dolls I had to do two scans of the cardboard punch outs as the cardboard they are on is a little bit two large for my scanner. In order for them to print out at the right size I'm leaving them as I scanned them for this posting.
To keep the stickers the right size for printing I have left the scan as I'd originally scanned it as well.
The drawing of the wigwams had to be scanned in two parts then spliced together to make one complete picture. With a good graphics program, like Photoshop, you can reduce the dolls and place them in front of the scene. This would be another great KISS set if anyone was ambitious enough to make it into one.
Just about finished with The Hunter. A few more chapters to go. I've bought the next book in the series: The Raider, but don't expect to get it until sometime next week. I'm trying to take my time with the rest of the book but it's hard since I want to continue reading it until I'm finished. There is another novella in the series: The Knight, but that is only available on Kindle, which I don't have and will HAVE to buy since some of my favorite authors have released books as just a novella and as an e-book. Sometimes the novellas are released as an omnibus with other authors but so far this hasn't been done with The Knight. Wish they would though as I'm old school and LOVE having books to peruse when I'm looking for something to read. Not sure how many books I have and I don't feel like counting them at the moment. I'm still putting my library together digitally so that the next time I'm looking for a book from a favorite author I don't buy the same one over and over again because I forgot I'd already bought it.
Ewen and Janet have finally arrived at a farm (which is owned by a cousin of William Wallace) on the banks of Lochend Loch and he's finally given into his desire for her and has "dishonored" her and in the process broken his own vow of not giving in to the feelings he has for her. As she is
promised to Walter Stewart, son of his liege Lord, he knows he's in a heck of a lot of trouble when Bruce finds out (who betrothed her to Walter) and though Janet thinks she can talk to the King and make everything "right" Ewen knows he's pretty much sealed his fate and will lose everything he's worked so hard to achieve since his father died.
Of course Janet doesn't see it that way. She feels that he's betrayed her by not telling her of the Bruce's plans for her upon her return. The Bruce knowing full well that is she was told upfront what awaited her upon her return to Scotland, she would not have agreed to accompany Ewen "home". She also knows now that The Bruce wasn't going to let her return to Roxburg to complete her mission and meet with her contact.
I looked up Lochend Loch and it's a pretty area. The loch used to have an island in it (remnants
of the islet are still there but not as visible as it used to be) and used to be larger than it is today. I'm always fascinated on how things either have changed or remained the same over the centuries and if someone from the past were to be transported forward in time would they recognize the area?
The paper doll for today is another Jane Arden from 1937. I love the wedding gown for this doll. Very elegant. Apparently this woman is a friend of Jane's.
Ewen and Janet have finally arrived at a farm (which is owned by a cousin of William Wallace) on the banks of Lochend Loch and he's finally given into his desire for her and has "dishonored" her and in the process broken his own vow of not giving in to the feelings he has for her. As she is
![]() |
| Lochend Loch (Source: Wikipedia) |
Of course Janet doesn't see it that way. She feels that he's betrayed her by not telling her of the Bruce's plans for her upon her return. The Bruce knowing full well that is she was told upfront what awaited her upon her return to Scotland, she would not have agreed to accompany Ewen "home". She also knows now that The Bruce wasn't going to let her return to Roxburg to complete her mission and meet with her contact.
I looked up Lochend Loch and it's a pretty area. The loch used to have an island in it (remnants
of the islet are still there but not as visible as it used to be) and used to be larger than it is today. I'm always fascinated on how things either have changed or remained the same over the centuries and if someone from the past were to be transported forward in time would they recognize the area?
The paper doll for today is another Jane Arden from 1937. I love the wedding gown for this doll. Very elegant. Apparently this woman is a friend of Jane's.
![]() |
| 11 21 1937 |
Til' next time.... ALOHA!!








No comments:
Post a Comment