Thursday, November 20, 2014

SLEEPING BEAUTY PAPER DOLL SET FINAL PAGES

Posting the final three pages of the 1959 Sleeping Beauty paper doll set. 

Prince Phillips tunic seems more greek or roman than medieval.


My favorite scene while Aurora is singing Once Upon a Dream

In The Hunter our heros are almost home. Ewen and Janet have arrived in Sundrum (yes it is a real place) almost
http://www.flickriver.com/places/United+Kingdom/Scotland/Sundrum/
to Ayr. She has shown Ewen that she is very good at what she does, mainly a courier for the King.  I was trying to find out more about the early history of Sundrum but most of what I found is about the castle. I'm sure information is out there (goodness knows you can find pretty much anything on the web) I just don't know where to look for it or how to ask the question. There is a holiday park there (mobile home park) which appears to me like a very nice place to vacation judging by the photos on the net. In order to get to Sundrum they traveled through Airds Moss. Very desolate area that I wouldn't think has changed much since the 13th century. 


Airds Moss  Source: Wikipedia
The one thing I've always loved about books, historical or otherwise is how the author can transport a person to, not only a different century or planet, but a different part of the world. 

For me, the BEST part about modern technology and the computer age, is how you can actually see some of the places that are mentioned in books. I can't tell you how often I've traced a journey in one of the novels I've read. Although with Google Maps they have the routes marked out by modern vehicle, I try to take the route the characters in the books would take, often they didn't go by conventional road but across country, such as the journey of Ewen and Janet. I get to see things, thanks in a great part to the world wide web and to those who have actually been to the places in the books and have posted them on line, that I'd otherwise not be able to see. The only thing missing really is the sense of smell and touch. I would LOVE to travel to Great Britain, but if I EVER will see the home of my ancestors in my life time remains to be seen. I envy those who came before me, who could just decide to leave where they are living, hitch up a horse to a wagon and pull up roots only to establish themselves somewhere else. I can't even imagine all the walking that they had to do back in the day since not everyone had a horse and wagon in order to get from one place to another but had to rely on their feet to get them to their destination. I admire them. I don't think I could do it now. I get tired just walking a few blocks wanting my journey to be over as fast as possible. 

Found another Jane Arden in my collection for the 20th of November. This one from 1938. This one was printed with and without color. I was fortunate to find a color version of this one on Ebay though the photo isn't all that good you can get some idea of what colors her outfits are. I intend to do a black and white one and a easy-to-print color one. When they are done I will post them. 
11 20 1938



Til' next time................                                     ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment