Wednesday, August 28, 2013

STARS WARS COMIC NO 3 SEPTEMBER 1977

I know I'm an awful blogger. I do try to keep this up though. I just don't have much to say although I do have so much to share of the things I do like, which is wide and varied. 
I did promise last time that I would start issue 3 of the original Star Wars Marvel run which I will do with this posting. As I believe I mentioned before I have been selling my Star Wars comics on Ebay and I've nearly sold all of them. I'm up to the 90's now with only a few more to go before I'm finished selling them. I truly hate to part with them since they were the first things in my Star Wars collection. I've also decided to sell my Katy Keene comics. I have most of them, although I am missing quite a few. Like the Star Wars issues I have been scanning them as well. 

I really don't like the pin-up of Han, Leia and Chewie that was in the Star Wars Collectors Edition. Leia looks evil and Chewbacca looks like a sasquatch. Case in point...the cover of Issue No. 3 Chewie reminds me of a cross between big foot and a gorilla.  I know I'm being to particular but at least I would think they could do him justice. 

















I had intended to post a paper doll yesterday but never got around to it.  So I will do so with this posting as well as a paper doll for this date in 1949.
8/27/1933
I always like the paper dolls that feature native dress. There were quite a few of the Jane Ardens that featured Jane in native costume. They are extremely hard to get though and I'm always outbid. LOL So I am grateful for the ones I do have. Scotland happens to be a country I so desperately want to visit but doubt I ever will. 

Here is another Boots paper doll. 

8/28/1949

I'm working on a black and white version of this one as well as recoloring it to make it easier to print out. 
Well, I suppose that is it for now. I've made this posting long enough and I hope you weren't to awfully bored. I will TRY to post tomorrow but no guarantees. :)

Till then.....


                                  Aloha!!






No comments:

Post a Comment