SEPTEMBER ALREADY?

Where the heck did August go? LOL I can't believe it is September already and the clock is ticking down for us here...the house we are living in goes up on the auction block on October 11th. Whether the new buyer will allow us to stay in the home and pay rent remains to be seen. We are looking for somewhere else to live but most landlords want all the fees up front and won't accept payments (my husband thought if they'd put the fees due in the rent until it is all paid off that would work for us) upon move-in. I can't blame them but it makes it hard on us when we don't have the money to relocate. I'm selling what I can to help with move out costs but when uou are short on funds for food, utilities and insulin, etc., it eats at what you've put aside for moving. Why must being diabetic be so darned costly? That's what I'd like to know. Only God knows if I'm going to be eligible for SS Disability. I'm looking to at least three years before I receive it even if I do qualify. And though I don't mean to be pessimistic, I probably won't. I possibly could drive a cab but with no money to get glasses that is out of the question. I have one heck of a time seeing any more never mind driving. Believe me, when I write this blog I have to write it in the biggest letters available in order to see what I am typing. I reduce it before I post it, but still, I remember a time when I could see small letters. I know I need new glasses but without the money to afford them it's senseless to go to the Optometrist because he/she is only going to tell me what I already know...that I need a new pair. So I'm hoping to go when hubby gets his tax return next year. I try to keep a good attitude but sometimes it's very difficult not to get depressed with bill collectors phoning all the time asking to be paid and me having to constantly inform them, with what? If not for the fact that hubby needs the Internet to keep in contact with his bosses we wouldn't have access to the Internet and I certainly couldn't keep up with my blog or sell ANYTHING on Ebay. If we could eliminate the phone bill that would help but since it is a necessity rather than luxury, it's out of the question. We did cancel our cable service so now rely on the Internet to watch anything. I dislike living like this, not knowing if we'll be able to stay in the house, being so short on money that we are struggling with just buying food. I try to remind myself daily that it COULD be worse. But a lot of times that doesn't help. I did try to get my old job back at Wal-mart since the store i worked at is hiring again and the DM told the associates that he would hire those who'd been fired so long as it wasn't for stealing. And since that wasn't the reason why I was canned, I thought I'd give it a shot but I haven't heard anything from them and doubt I will...after all I can't zone, I can't stock and all I'm really good for is answering phones and manning the fighting room, they'd tell me they don't need someone like that. So I'm, unfortunately, pretty useless to them.
Since it is almost midnight and I'm determined to post the paper doll for this date in 1953 I will close for now and post another day. I promise to continue with the Star Wars comics. For obvious reasons I just haven't felt much like posting lately or keeping up with this blog. Once again we have Boots walking briskly through the country side. This time somewhere near a farm. I can almost hear the crow of a rooster in the distance. :)
 |
| 9/12/1953 |
Til' next time...
Aloha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment