Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DEATH STAR...ISSUE 3 CONTINUED...


Can you believe that in a few more days it will be October? Where has the year gone?  I remember when I started this blog I vowed to post every day but, to be honest, there really isn't much to post about. At least not in my personal life. It's pretty much the same as it was in 2012 when I began this blog. We still don't know if we're going to be able to stay in the house or not. So in preparation of moving I've been liquidating some of my things. I just don't want to have to pack a lot of stuff. If necessary I'll have a garage sale to, hopefully, come by the funds to move quicker. Though a friend of mine advised against it. She had one and told me, for the most part, people came to steal not buy. And what can you really do when you are helping one person out when a bunch of people come to "browse" see something they like and nick it while you're occupied with someone else?
The pin-up for today was a bugaboo to put together. First off, the Collector's Edition was large so I had to scan it in two sections. While I did my best to keep the page straight with each scan, invariably one of the scans would be off a smidge and I'd have to try and align it properly. Second, there is a color difference between the top and the bottom of the page to 3PO's right but it couldn't be helped as that is where the middle of the book was. I don't have too much problem with this pin-up except, to me, 3PO and R2 look a little bit to large and out of proportion compared to Luke. 
So, having gotten that off my chest...let us continue with issue three...





















The book I'm reading at the moment is by Barbara Cartland entitled A Princess in Distress. It takes place during the Edwardian era and is set in the town of Mariban now called Marianske Kazne

Add caption
Once again, here is another Boots paper doll..I made it into black and white and also colored it using the same colors (or as close to them as possible) that were in the original to make it easier to print out should you wish to do so.  You will probably notice the date does not match today's date. I'd meant to publish this post in August and never did so I am making up for lost time and posting  two paper dolls. :) The second paper doll is a Jane Arden from this date in 1938. Love the golfing togs. Now women wouldn't be caught on the green in anything other than shorts or slacks. At least I haven't seen any photos lately of women on the green in outfits like hers. 


8/28/1948







9/18/1938

Same as the above only published in black and white in another newspaper. I wonder if it was to save on color ink? 

Add caption


Add caption

I'm working on a recolored one of this Jane. I will update this posting when it's finished. It's the pattern on the skirt and dress that is taking the extra time. :)

Til' next time...

                                                            ALOHA!!





No comments:

Post a Comment