Tuesday, February 3, 2015

ADELA IS MOTHER AND DADDY'S LITTLE SWEETHEART

1950'S?
For todays paper doll, a treat, a Lucy Eleanor Leary paper doll from the 1950's. I don't know what the date on this one is but obviously it was printed in February.  She was from a CD I bought on Ebay of Lucy Leary paper dolls. It was a photograph of the set, very nice photo pretty clear and all but the two end outfits are a little on the dark side. I  could lighten the paper up on the snowsuit without taking the color out of the "fur" so I left it as is. The doll is a little larger than she normally would be. She's around 8 x 11 in size.  I'm hoping someone will offer her up for auction again with a date so I can add the year she was published to the file. I wish I could afford these Lucy Learys but most of the time they go so high that they are beyond what I can afford. I love the "holiday" inspired dolls and try to collect any of them that have my name on the doll. 
I also wish more sellers would make CD's of the paper dolls and sell the CD's to those of us who can't afford to by the paper dolls individually.  I know I would buy the CD.  I'm working on a black and white version of Adela and will post it here or next Valentine's Day when it is finished. 


















Original size

I'm almost finished with Border Bride and still haven't taken to Alpin. I have come to like her maid Elanna who is in love with Saladin, Malcolms secretary.  Elanna is a former African princess who was sold into slavery but who was freed by Alpin. Saladin has fallen in love with Elanna and wants to make her his wife but she keeps pushing him back saying that because of her rank she cannot marry him but wait for someone who is "royalty".  I might mention that Alpin did get what she wanted and Malcolm has forgiven her and she is making plans to leave him. But what he doesn't know is that he can indeed father children.

I have plans to pepper a few posts with Valentine paper dolls. I have quite a few in my collection from ones that I've personally bought, was sent to me through my e-mail or I've garnered on the web. 

Til' the next posting....


                                ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment