Wednesday, February 4, 2015

STAR WARS NO 8 FEBRUARY 1978

DON'T PISS OFF A WOOKIE!!
The next chapter of the original run of the Star Wars comics...
                     EIGHT FOR ADUBA-3



This issue was one of my favorites after the tie in with the movies mainly due to the rabbit warrior.













Well, I've finished Border Bride. It was a good book despite my not liking the main heroine Arpin. I just couldn't take to her though I did try to like her, but until pretty much the end of the book, she kept thinking Malcolm had an ulterior motive for marrying her despite the fact that he
Bonnie Prince Charlie
proved over and over again that he cared for her.  I did, however like two other of her minor characters: Saladin and Elanna. Elanna wouldn't marry Saladin unless he knew who his father was. According to Ashanti custom, a princess could not marry unless she knew her potential husbands background so at the end of the book when Charles Stuart was heading back to Italy after conferring with Malcolm about the foolishness of attempting to take back the thrown of Scotland from George II (the story takes place in 1735 before Charles Stuart actually did try to take back the thrown in '45) he decided to accompany the prince and Malcolm's stepmother so that he could eventually marry the woman he loved. Malcolm and Alpin were going to go to Barbados but wait until his stepmother returned so she could accompany them. Arnette Lamb passed away in 1998 so I will never know if Saladin eventually married Elanna, or if Lady Mariam set the plantation owners to thinking differently about their use of slaves on Barbados. I would like to think, had she lived, Arnette would have continued with the story of Saladin and Elanna with mention of Lady Mariam's efforts to abolish the practice of slavery on the island.  As it is I will say that Saladin did find his father and that perhaps his father didn't know that he'd sired twin sons and perhaps Saladin and his brother Salvador were of royal descent. Saladin and Salvador both deserve a happy ending of their own in my opinion. Who knows if she had written another book perhaps it would have had Saladin as it's main character. 
Today's paper doll is a Valentine greeting card from American Greetings. Not sure of the year. 
I bought a cd of paper doll greeting cards so it was't originally from collection.  The dpi on this one isn't as hi as I would have scanned it at but the quality isn't bad and should print out okay.  This would be great as a magnetic paper doll. 









   
                                 ALOHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment