Friday, December 12, 2014

A BOOTS PAPER DOLL AND A CHRISTMAS COLORING PAGE

From vintage Santa Sticker and cutout book 1950's
I love the artwork in the earlier coloring books. The page came with stickers to match the page. These will probably have to be printed on two sheets of sticker paper. I had to resize the stickers as the original scan was to small and the stickers weren't the right size to fit the above page.  These could also be used as stickers for Christmas cards or even as a color guide for the above coloring page. 




I'm almost finished with The Knight. It isn't a very long story but McCarty has  packed a lot of story within just a few pages. Joanna tried to tell James she was expecting their child but James, after realizing that Joanna expected far more out of him than he was prepared to give her, left to join Bruce, leaving Joanna alone and pregnant. She ultimately looses the baby which devastates her and through an old friend James finds out what Joanna wanted to tell him and that she lost the baby and almost lost her life. He realizes just how much she means to him and goes in search of her. Joanna, in the meantime, has tried to get over James. She does understand his position in life, he's a Lord and she's nothing more than a Marshall's daughter and Lord's don't marry beneath them. But at a May Day celebrations James finally finds her and crassly proposes to her. She rebuffs him and leaves fuming that she would rather marry the cleaner of the gardrobe (for those not familiar with medieval terms, the gardrobe is more or less a bathroom in a castle) than him.  I'm at the part in the book now where Joanna has returned home prepared to get on with life without James, only to have James once again show up prepared to woo her in order to make her his wife. She's non to happy about it, since she was prepared to forget about him. 

Today's paper doll is yet another Boots from my collection. I had both the sepia and the color version but as you can see both are on the blurry side. Imagine my delight when I found her in black and white form at the  Mostly Paperdolls site!  I recolored her using the same color scheme as the original. the only thing I changed was her lips...I colored them in rather than leave them. black. 



12 12 1943










Til' next time....                                                        ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment