Saturday, December 13, 2014

A CHRISTMAS COLORING PAGE AND A BOOTS PAPER DOLL FROM 1959

Vintage Santa Sticker and push out book 1950's

Another page from the Santa Sticker and push out book. Mine isn't complete and is missing a sticker sheet  that corresponds with one of the pages.  I hope to someday find the stickers or at least a complete book.




Here is one of the Christmas cards that you could punch out and give to someone. 



In the book the cards come four to a page and are about the size of the Valentine's you buy in a box. I blew this one up. It could be reimagined as a magnet and printed on magnet paper. 

Randolph, Stewart and the Bruce
I've finished The Knight and will be starting The Raider. It was pretty good. In fact I wished it had been much longer, even a full book by itself. But since James wasn't part of the Highland Guard I can understand why she didn't write a full novel featuring him. It really wasn't necessary to read the book though in The Hunter the author alludes to events that take place in The Knight. Which is one reason why I wanted to read it. I wanted to find out what was going on with James. I wonder if she's going to do a novella featuring Sir Thomas Randolph?  I rather like the character and would love to find out how he meets is future wife Isabel. Thomas did exist and was responsible for the liberation of Edinburgh Castle.  As always, I did try to find an image of the man but the only image I could find was the frieze at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. A very nice frieze to be sure and one I would LOVE to take a photo of myself. 

The paper doll for today is yet another Boots, only this one is from 1959 and finds Boots on a tropical island judging from the house in the background. Perhaps she's taken a trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas. 


12 13 1959

And converted to black and white. I am working on a digitally colored version of this one and will post it as as soon as I'm finished. 




Til' next time...                       ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment