| He's still growing. I figure by the time he's grown, he'll be able to reach the door knob like our cat Flaky could. |
| Such a handsome boy! |
| Taking advantage of the last bit of sunlight. |
![]() |
| Warming his tushy. |
While the new covers on modern romance novels are nice, I miss the illustrated ones from bygone days. The cover for The Recruit is gorgeous and the model used has one nice looking chest but I think it would have been more appealing, at least for me, to show the entire man along with the heroine of the book. Sure do miss those Fabio covers from the 80's! When I try to find some of the older novels that I'm missing from my favorite authors, I try to find the old books with their original covers not the reissues that have, in my opinion, very boring covers. I suppose it is cheaper to pay a photographer money for a photo cover rather than an illustrator since it does take awhile to do a painting of a cover verses a photograph such as that used for the cover of this novel. Sometimes I do wonder if the old school way of creating images is on it's way out and will become a lost art. After all, there are only a few people who can forge swords the old way and is also a dying artform. Computers can do so many things these days, including creating the human form without the artist doing much of anything. There are programs for virtually everything these days.
![]() |
| Katy Keene Fashion Book No. 22 Fall 1958 |
I didn't have any paper dolls for todays date so will have to post one for this month instead. Here is Alix by Lucy Eleanor Leary published in November of 1952. Not sure what date though. This is off a CD I bought from Ebay that a seller had put together of the Leary paper dolls she'd sold. I wish the quality was better, a scan instead of a photograph but beggars can't be choosers. I am thinking of doing my own version of this paper doll like I did for Briget and for Kathleen, my two St Patrick's Day paper dolls.
Until next time.... ALOHA!!



No comments:
Post a Comment