Monday, November 17, 2014

SLEEPING BEAUTY CONTINUED...

Here are more clothes from the Sleeping Beauty set. 









I'm about half way through The Hunter by Monica McCarty. Ewen has, on the command of The Bruce, gone to retrieve Lady Janet from where she is hold up at Rutherford Priory after she'd been questioned by a Bishop in Berwick. One of the things I like about McCarty is that not only does she bring the medieval time period alive, but she uses real places and events, taking the reader back in time and dumping them in the thick of things. Life back then, even for a lady of quality, must've been very difficult. Yes, they had it better than the peasants, but they were at the whim of the men. They had to marry for political reasons and pretty much were under the command of either their Father or their Husband. Even widows, who had some freedom after their husbands were killed, still had to do as their monarch bid or suffer the consequences. I wish that Hollywood would read some of these books and bring them to life on screen. They do it with books like Harry Potter, Twilight and The Hobbit, why not books like the Highland Guard series? 

I found a Boots paper doll that mirrors today's date from 1946. I'm always looking for the color versions of the ones I have only in black and white. This one also came from the Mostly Paperdolls website. http://mostlypaperdolls.blogspot.com/


11 17 1946

Til' next time.....                                        ALOHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment