Sunday, November 16, 2014

MORE SLEEPING BEAUTY....

I was supposed to post more of these yesterday but with on thing or another didn't get around to it. So without further ado here are more clothes from the 1959 Sleeping Beauty paper doll set. 















I have to apologize for so many pages but in order to resize these I have to "cut them up" to make them easier to resize on the dolls in Photoshop.  I love the design of the clothes in this version of the set. My one objection is the blue floral gown, it is more renaissance than medieval. Very pretty to be sure but not in keeping with the medieval feel of the rest of the costumes. 

The Hunter is getting more interesting. Ewen has met Janet, or Sister Genna as he first knows her and isn't to happy when he finds out that she lied to him about being a nun. But it is war time and she's, for all intents and purposes a spy. And she doesn't know him that well. He finds out about her deception when he sees Janet's sister at a banquet. He's of the old school thinking that women belong in the "kitchen" so to speak and although that is pretty much the attitude in medieval times I would not be surprised if there were women who wanted to be free of men and their attitude toward them as delicate little flowers. At least in the nobility they were considered that way. The peasant class however was a totally different kettle of fish. Most women I'm sure were working along side their menfolk. They didn't have much choice really.  

I'm at the part of the novel where Ewen Lamont has gone in search of Janet after a friar, who was an informant, has been found dead and The Bruce has asked him to "bring her home". Ewen is not pleased to find out that Janet broke her promise to him not to not carry missives for The Bruce any more. 

Today's matching newspaper paper doll is a Boots from 1947. This one, however, was found on a webpage: http://mostlypaperdolls.blogspot.com/  I am on the lookout for the color version of this one. 

11 16 1947
Recently I thought I'd lost my folder of scanned and downloaded paper dolls but found, much to my delight, I'd moved them into another folder. Felt like such a dummy because it had upset me. I have a lot of paper dolls in that folder and to think I'd accidently deleted it was devastating. It's quite a collection from various sources, from e-mail, the web and my own collection and I'd accumulated quite an impressive collection of newspaper paper dolls for almost every month and day over several years which I'd intended to use in this blog.  When I couldn't find the folder I pretty much gave them up for "dead". Then, while looking for something to post a couple of days ago, I ran across the folder inside another folder. Talk about relief!! So now that I've found the folder you just might see more postings from me. :o)

Til' next time....                                           ALOHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment