Tuesday, November 18, 2014

SLEEPING BEAUTY CONTINUED

More costumes from the 1959 Sleeping Beauty set. 


I don't think medieval ladies would wear such a short dress. :)





This is one of my favorites out of the costumes in this set. I'd love to see this created in real life. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowther_Hills
In the novel The Hunter it's picked up pace a bit. Ewen and Kenneth Sutherland are on the run with Janet being pursued by English soldiers.  They've confronted the soldiers near the hills of Lowther while Janet took off running into the nearby forest.  I always like to look up the places mentioned in historical novels to get some idea of what the place looks like or may have looked like back in the day. In this case the Lowther Hills. According to the book it was covered by forest, which I have no doubt it once was and the battle between the two Highland Guardsmen and the English soldiers took place in a pass though the name of the pass wasn't mentioned. I did look up the Lowther hills and apparently the area is used for skiing during the winter months. It looks like a beautiful but desolate area. The region was probably quite impressive when covered in forest. 

Todays paper doll is another Boots from 1946 and again from the Mostly Paper Dolls Blogspot website. She really has quite an impressive collection of paper dolls from the newspaper. Last evening, after my modem went down (couldn't connect to anything that had video like Netflix or Youtube not even  Facebook would load) I took the time to organize some of my digitized paper doll collection. I can't believe how much I have on disk! Most of the paper doll sets I have were shared via e-mail and came from the collection of Bobe Green. Others were from Origami Bears, who also has an extensive collection. I just wish I'd made folders of where I got all the digitized paper dolls from so I can give each one credit when I eventually post them in this blog. 

11 18 1946
I really enjoy the movement in the Boots paper dolls. In my opinion it makes them very unique since most paper dolls are in a posed position while Boots is actually going somewhere. :) What I'd like to do with these paper dolls, as well as with the Katy Keenes that I have, is put together a set that features one doll and ALL the costumes that go with that particular figure. A herculean task in my opinion since there were quite a few costumes made over several years and compiling them all together to go with just the one pose is rather taunting. I'm attempting it though with my Katy Keene collection since I did have pretty much all (but one) of the old Katy Keene comics. Thank goodness for Photoshop though having so many layers makes the file HUGE but at least I can organize the outfits easier that way. 

Til' next time...........                                     ALOHA!!


No comments:

Post a Comment