- To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
- Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.
- To market, to market, to buy a fat hog,
- Home again, home again, jiggety-jog.
- To market, to market, to buy a plum bun,
- Home again, home again, market is done.
- (It's amazing what you can dig up at Wikipedia :))
Don't want to be back in Arizona but before I can really move PERMANENTLY to the islands I really need to take care of my affairs here and I've still got to convince my husband that it IS feasible to live in the islands. While I don't relish living in an apartment again, I'd sacrifice a house just to live in paradise. The nice thing is I could take a bus where ever I wanted to go and if the bus doesn't go to where I want to, I can always walk, even with a gimpy foot. I really don't mind walking anywhere when I'm in the islands. It's so beautiful and the scenery (even with all the houses) is breathtaking. I NEVER get tired of looking at it. And the bonus is, I can save money by NOT using the car much, unless I REALLY wanted to.
On the job front...nothing. Which is so discouraging. I THOUGHT I had a job for a day or two, until the money order sent for the work done bounced like a rubber ball and now we find ourselves in an even bigger financial bind. It IS my fault, it doesn't matter to me whether or not I was ignorant of the fact that the money order sent was bogus, I still deposited it and used money from it which in the end caused us to be overdrawn in the bank...well not so much US but my husband. I have to give him credit...most husbands would be FURIOUS with the situation we find ourselves in and probably would have divorced his wife long before now. After all, it is my fault that I am unemployed...it doesn't matter if my heart was in the right place or not. What matters is that because of MY stupidity, I now find myself without work and looking for employment, which is beginning to seem to me like a fruitless venture. What really ranks is that I WAS good at my job. I was a fitting room attendant and the operator. If you called the store between 2 and 11 in the afternoon from Friday to Monday, it was most likely me you spoke with. I truly enjoyed talking with customers over the phone and whether management liked it or not I was DETERMINED to get them and the respective departments to answer their calls. It always annoyed me when a call went unanswered. Sometimes it WAS because the person in the department (or the manager) was actually busy, but more often than not, it was because they simply DIDN'T want to answer the phone but stand and talk to another employee. I hate to admit it, but I do miss the job and the place I was employed.
Okay, on a lighter note...are you ready for the holidays? I am not. I used to look forward to them coming around but for some reason I dread them now. This holiday season especially...no extra income and because of recent financial problems no Thanksgiving dinner, which my husband enjoys. LOTS of leftovers that last for days. LOL The only two meals a year I put a real effort into (it's usually simple, easy meals the rest of the year). I sincerely hope we CAN have our Thanksgiving feast because I KNOW he enjoys me serving him his food while he relaxes and watches television (it and Christmas are the ONLY times I actually serve him his dinner, the rest of the year he can come get it himself...oh...and one more day...his birthday. :)).
I want to share something that I recently created for Halloween...I KNOW it's a little late but I'm actually pleased with how it came out and I want to give a shout out to The Graphics Fairy web site where I obtained the other elements of the picture. Next year I intend to make a greeting card (or magnet) out of it and perhaps send it out to friends and family.
The witch was from a paper doll I own called HALLOWEEN FROLIC and she was once in the Sunday paper. The other elements, as stated above, are from this website: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ . She always has FANTASTIC vintage clip art, mostly from the Victorian era into the early 20th century. I had such fun putting this together that I want to do it again with another holiday paper doll or with one of my own design. The original paper doll was created by Charlotte Ware. I altered it a bit so that it wouldn't look so much like it came from a newspaper. This particular witch was originally in a 1930's Sunday comics section. Long ago they offered paper dolls in the "funny papers". I remember cutting out Jane Arden ones in the mid 1960's.
Upon occasion I will share some of my paper dolls with everyone. I grew up with them and try to collect the older ones. I guess I never really outgrew them. I not only collect them but (as the beginning of the blog suggests) make my own. I do sell them on Ebay but really don't make a profit with them. I'm no Tom Tierney. :)
![]() |
| Halloween Frolic Charlotte Ware 1930s |


No comments:
Post a Comment