Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hawaii

I've been in the islands a week now, arrived on the 16th. I am staying at a little hostel called the Plumeria and while it isn't a bad place, it does have character, for the first few days I, and my roommates had to put up with a leaking ceiling in the bathroom. They finally did fix it. I like being able to take care of myself over here. Buying my own food, cooking for myself. It makes me feel like I am living here. Which is what I am TRYING to do...find a job here. But I'm running into problems...need a social security card, and while I do have my birth certificate I just don't know where I've put it, so I can't go down to Social Security to replace the one that was stolen, ironically enough, here in Hawaii when I first lived here from 82 to 85. 

I just don't stress as much here as I do on the mainland. I have the ocean to cry my troubles into. But it looks like I will be returning to the mainland on the 4th of Sept. If I can't find employment and it looks like I'm not going to, I'll have to return to Arizona. The climate here is so nice that I get out every day whereas in Arizona I am apt to stay in all day. Probably not a good thing. The only down side is that the wifi at the hostel is not the best and it sometimes doesn't work which means I have to come to the Starbucks down the street in order to go online and stay online. 

I'm doing well in my graphic design class. The last project I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm using one of my fish and it's going to be textured with scales. I have to do the fish with different colors and tones. I've started one and have to do three more versions before tomorrow. I can't believe the class is almost over. I just wish I could get a job so I can start paying the bill.


North Shore Aug. 17th 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment