Monday, December 1, 2014

THE OLDER I GET....

1982 Katy Keene coloring calendar 


Well here we are in the last month of 2014. The older I get the faster the years zip by. I know it's not possible but I truly wish I could live forever. There is so much of life I haven't experienced yet. Placed I haven't been to, books I haven't read and have yet to read.  Art work I haven't finished and art that I've yet to do. I wish that they could come up with an anti-aging serum so that we could live longer than we do at the present time. I'm not in the least afraid of death, and I would welcome it should that day come, but I would be sad that I haven't done everything I wish to do but didn't have the money for. Some times I really envy the wealthy, NOT because they have money, good God no!  I'm glad they can afford the good things in life, but I envy them their freedom to go where ever they wish, to travel to far off places for as long as their hearts desire without worrying about having to come back when their funds run out. 

In The Sultan's Bought Bride, Fatima, who is Malik's cousin and has been teaching Nicolette Arabic has tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills. She would have succeeded had she not had a fit of conscience and called for help. This attempt has disturbed the King as he had no idea that there had been an "understanding" that Fatima would become the next queen of Baraka.  So Fatima will be going to New York to visit with her Mother and sister and Malik has whisked Nic off to his desert fortress until his aunt and cousins leave. For he doesn't want a confrontation between his aunt and betrothed since she too understood that Malik and Fatima would marry. 




Joyce Ballantyne December 1956


Todays paper doll is from 1957 and features a teenage Pug dribbling a basket ball. I have several paper dolls of Pug playing b-ball. 



12 1 1957

Here is the bottom portion of the coloring calendar. It has been altered from the original to fit the days of the 2014 calendar year and the '82 was removed an the poinsettias replaced it. On the original only one poinsettia was under December. 

1982 Katy Keene coloring calender (altered)


Til' next time....                                    ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment