The final six pages. I will start Issue Number 6 next month as it corresponds with the month it was published in 1977.
I finished The Greek's Royal Mistress and am now reading the first book in the series The Sultan's Bought Bride. I goofed and read the second book before reading the first one. I had the book but for some reason I kept thinking I'd already read the first one. At any rate, I'm getting
the back story so to speak as to how Nicollette, Chantals sister, met and married Sultan Malik Roman Nuri of the fictional country Baraka. Nicollette has arrived in Baraka and is determined that the marriage will not take place. She'll let it go until just before the ceremony then call it off. It's all a ruse so that her sister doesn't have to marry for convenience again and to get Chantal and her daughter Lilly away from La Croix.
The King, however, has other ideas. He's got everything mapped out up to the ceremony so that Nicollette (who he thinks his Chantal) doesn't have to worry about anything. He knows that she is up to something by the way she is behaving. Nicolette isn't her sister, who is calm and placid and will go along with what is expected of her. Nicolette, however, is a free spirit. Doesn't want to get married, at least not until she's found "Mr. Right". And is opinionated. She's also disguised herself as her sister by dying her blond hair brown. Eventually the king will find out about the ruse she is perpetuating, the interesting part is what happens in the interim and how he handles the deception. So far it is pretty good, though I do wish I'd read this book first. The country Baraka is mentioned in another novel by the same author The Sheikh's Virgin. I've read the book but didn't know when I'd read it that there were characters mentioned in one of her previous novels. I try to read them in order whenever possible.
Today's paper doll is from 1943
![]() |
| 11 28 1943 |
Til next time.... ALOHA!!









No comments:
Post a Comment