 |
| 11 30 1952 |
Not to much to say this time around. Thought I'd share a paper doll by Lucy Leary. Another one that was put on CD. Not quite Thanksgiving yet as this one is clearly supposed to be after Thanksgiving and before Christmas but it is close to the Holiday Season and everyone will start gearing up for it so thought I'd share this one with you. I really miss things like this. It harkens back to a simpler time when we, as a society, were closer together, even if we had hardships. There were many times when our Thanksgiving dinner was a little sparse but I remember gathering around the table enjoying the warmth of just being with family you didn't see but once a year. I remember sitting at the "kids" table and wanting so much to sit at the "big peoples" table and ironically enough when I was old enough wanting to sit at the kids table instead.
I wonder how many of the Lucy Leary paper dolls there are. I'm always on the lookout for them, especially the Holiday ones. I was to young to remember the Lucy Leary paper dolls in the Sunday paper as they were around before I was born but I do remember the Jane Arden paper dolls and eagerly waiting to cut it out after Mom and Dad were finished with it.
'Til next time......................................................ALOHA!!
No comments:
Post a Comment