Wednesday, July 17, 2013

ONCE AGAIN IN LIMBO AND END OF SXI AGAINST THE GALAXY...

SW Collectors edition No 3 1978
Well we're in limbo again in regards to the house we are living in. Come to find out our landlord failed to pay for the mortgage on the house and was arrested for fraud and forgery so our house went into foreclosure again but we are hoping that the new landlord will still allow us to continue to pay rent and (hopefully) at a lower amount. If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all. I'm beginning to think we should have stayed in the apartment rather than try and get a house. Seems like ever since we got the house we've had bad luck starting with the hot water heater going caputz on us. I also applied again for disability but whether or not I'll receive it remains to be seen. I've already been refused but friends and family keep telling me to persist with it. I hope I eventually do but somehow I doubt I will. The way things have been going, from bad to worse, I honestly don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't received any call backs to my numerous applications and though I have been selling my collection of Star Wars memorabilia on Ebay, it hasn't generated all that much of a profit. How people make a living selling on the site I don't know because I'm barely breaking even even. While I can list a lot of stuff for "free" if it sells I still have to pay a fee and I try very hard to keep them down...it's just that if my items don't sell well and there is no bidding war to bring them up my fees usually out weight my profit margin so I'm lucky if I do break even. I'll grant you, it does help, selling on Ebay but not all that much. 

The above pin-up had to be scanned in two sections then pieced together as the Special Edition was rather larger than the normal comic. I think I did a pretty admirable job of lining the two pieces up. :) Now on with the continuation of our story....








These were the last few pages of issue two...next time we start issue number 3. I will try to begin it tomorrow but am making no promises since I'm awful at keeping up this blog. Part of the problem is my eyesight...I need new glasses and don't have the funds at the moment. My vision is blurred so I have have to sit pretty close to the screen in order to see what I am typing. The other problem is my left hand and my pinky finger..it's numb and makes it difficult to type...I invariably hit the q, z or s and have to stop and correct my mistake. Most annoying to say the least. Not much I can do about the numbness which has progressively worsened over the years. Not sure why it's numb though. I have the same problem in my right hand only not as badly. 

Book I'm reading at the moment: If He's Tempted by Hannah Howell. Another gem by one of my favorite authors. This one is about Olympia and Brant characters mentioned in her previous books in the Wherlocke-Vaughn series.  I don't know who the model for the cover is but he is one very handsome gentleman. I absolutely love his eyes, they draw me to him. I might add that Brant also has gray eyes. I have pretty much ever book the author has written. Her next novel will return to the Highlands. I don't think I've read a book she's written that I've been unhappy with. She always seems to keep me hooked until the last page. Reading has always been a joy but lately, with my eyesight being what it is, I've found it more and more difficult to make out the words and find myself re-reading a sentence because it didn't make sense. It scares me and I'm hoping that with next years tax return I can have my eyes examined and perhaps afford a new pair of glasses. My greatest fear is that, since I'm diabetic, that I'm loosing my eyesight and will soon be blind, because it seems like each year I lose more and more of my ability to see things. Especially when I read or am working on one of my art pieces. 

7/17/1955
I like to look up some of these addresses on Google Maps. The one in Phoenix still exists but the one in Texarkana is now a business district. It's fun to see how things have either changed or remained the same since the person of the clothes submitted their design. Sad at times too...one I looked up was just a vacant field and I often wonder what happened to the people who lived there and what happened to their home. 

Till next time....

                                         Aloha!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment