I know it's been awhile since my last posting. Didn't mean to be so long in doing so. Just sometimes I don't have much to say. After Sweetie Pie passed on, I took my cat Chance to the vet a couple of days later. He has bronchial asthma and has to have a shot in order to help him breath. I figured while I had a little more money (can't really say it's "extra") I'd make use of it to get him looked at.
wThey gave him a shot and that seemed to help him for a couple of weeks but now he's back to having trouble again. He's a big cat in the respect that he actually should weigh more than 7 lbs. Even the vet was surprised that he didn't weigh more. He's been eating but apparently not all that much. I had noticed he'd been losing weight...he's not emaciated by any means just thinner than he used to be. I know how it is when you can't breathe so I want so much to help him out if I can. Problem is the money won't last forever and with no vehicle I have to rely on cabs and that's a expense I truly don't need. I worry that I'll have to put down another beloved pet. I don't think I can handle that...three pets in 10 months? But if I don't have the funds to help him I don't want him to continue having difficulty breathing. It's not fair to him.I'm also bummed because my best friend Lilly was in Arizona visiting family and I'd hoped so much that she'd be able to stop by and visit for a few minutes, but it wasn't meant to be. She did invite me to go with them to Out of Africa but with my foot the way it is I couldn't keep up with them and I'd be risking not only further damage to it but a fall as well not to mention the pain that always goes along with standing on it the next day and I like to avoid taking the pain killers if I can possibly do so. I don't own a wheel chair so I wasn't able to go with them. I wanted to so much too. I hadn't been to Out of Africa since my birthday in '08. I would have enjoyed it immensely. I wonder if she was able to view the Arctic wolf? I remember us talking about it after I went and I'd promised her I'd send her a photo I'd taken of it. So Lilly if you are reading this the next photo is just for you. :)
![]() |
| Arctic wolf Out of Africa 3/19/2008 |
Not the best photo but I couldn't get any closer without being in the pen with him. I have a Kodak Z740 which has 10x optical zoom so I was pretty far away when I took this shot.
I would have enjoyed the tiger encounter. Lilly said though they only had one tiger out that day. When my husband and I went they had four if I remember correctly and they would play with them and try and get them into the pool with varying degrees of success. There was always that one tiger that just didn't want to participate, which we all found amusing.
I know I'll get over being disappointed that we couldn't meet up this time round and hopefully there will be a next time. I'd just been so excited that she was coming and to not see her...well...was a real bummer. Perhaps I should have risked the pain of walking on my foot because I KNOW I would have had a great time and it would have been so nice to visit with her again. I really miss her. If there really are angels among us, she truly is one. You couldn't meet a sweeter, nicer person.
![]() |
| Arctic wolf chillin' in the shade |
Since I wasn't able to go with Lilly to Out of Africa thought I'd share more of my own photos when I went in '08. Hopefully she'll read this blog and was able to see some of the animals that I did that day. I forgot to ask her if she took the bus ride. That was something I'll NEVER forget since I had just had gallbladder surgery a few days before and the road we were traveling on was rutted and I felt every rut. LOL I enjoyed myself, don't get me wrong, but I'll never forget the pain every time the bus we were on hit an uneven part of the ground.
![]() |
| Cougar Out of Africa 3/19/2008 |
![]() |
![]() |
| Up close and almost to personal... |
![]() |
| Just give me a minute will ya? I'm talking to the humans! |
![]() |
| One of his ladies... |
The photos are slightly out of sequence. I took the above picture first. Betcha couldn't tell I like cats. :)
I rather wished the chain link fence wasn't there...yet again...
Well that is it for now. Rather glad I could share some of my photos from my trip to Out of Africa. I'll share more tomorrow...or at least try to.
![]() |
| And the score is 2-1 |
Well that is it for now. Rather glad I could share some of my photos from my trip to Out of Africa. I'll share more tomorrow...or at least try to.
Til' then...
ALOHA!














No comments:
Post a Comment