Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An almost sleepless night


Last night I had the hardest time falling asleep because I'd cuddle Sweetie Pie before I fell asleep and she'd let me. I had a small  pillow my friend Lilly bought me years ago that has You're purr-fect embroidered on it, so silly as it may seem, I cuddled that before I went to sleep and it seemed to help. It was no substitute for her warm little body and there was no soothing sound of a purr in my ear, but the message was accurate...she was purr-fect. This morning I sorely missed her pawing me awake and to get up and feed everyone. She would never let me sleep in. LOL  The right side of my bed was so empty last night and it hurt not being able to carry her one more time on my shoulders as I went to bed. Her usual sleeping spots in the house were bare and empty. I know I will over come her loss but still...no other cat can take her place...ease the loss yes but NEVER ever take her place.

Today is just more photos of my Sweetie Pie.
Cuddle Bunnies

Drooler's warm pillow
The above photo was altered into the one below in mid 2012. I had such fun putting these two cuddlers on a beach in Hawaii.
chillin on a beach in Hawaii
The photo above was fun to put together. It's a composite of the one previous and a photo I took in Hawaii. I had dreamed of actually taking both these cats to the islands. I'm sad that I will never be able to take Sweetie. She would have fit underneath the airline seat. Poor Drooler, though, would have to travel with the luggage.


Sleeping in the cats chair
The chair in the above photo is on the left side of my dining table. The chair, as you can see is covered in cat fur. I DO try to keep it clean but it's difficult since it IS the cats chair and we seldom have visitors. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that she will no longer be sleeping in it and I can't reach over and pet her.
Mama has chicken!
Above: their positions when it comes to begging for food scraps especially chicken and tuna!

Judging the distance
About to leap onto the dining room table. 
A unique face
Sweetie had such a unique look. I've yet to see a cat that even closely resembles her. She had a brother at the humane society and I often wonder if he was ever adopted. I'd like to think so. 
This will be all the photos for today. Please bear with me. I will probably post more tomorrow. Although I was broken hearted when Snowbelle passed away, Sweetie I had for very much longer. Since she was five. She had so many unique qualities and quirks, not to say Snowball, Flaky and Snowbelle didn't they all were unique beings but Sweetie...well...she was a lady in ever sense of the world. Mellow, calm and the easiest off all my cats when it came to trimming her nails. She's lay in my arms while I clipped her claws and I'd kiss her sweet head letting her know it was okay. She was so tiny compared to them all. I will miss that. 

Before I end this days blog...I saw a photo on Facebook of the rainbow falls on Kauai and I couldn't help thinking of the Rainbow Bridge and my precious animals crossing over it..I have to admit I shed a few tears when I gazed at the photo.

I'd like to think my "babies" are playing in a place like this, running about and sunning themselves. 

Til' next time....

                                                                       Aloha!






















No comments:

Post a Comment