![]() |
| Byoto Temple Oahu |
Since last I posted I lost the car (it was repo'd on Dec 30th) so pretty much have to depend on public transportation. Phoenix is NOT known for it's reliable transportation system. I can say in all honesty that I truly wish I lived in Honolulu at this very moment because their transportation is the best bar none. The only city better is Seattle. I can also state that it would be no hardship at all to sit at a bus stop on Oahu waiting for a bus since the scenery is so beautiful. While there is beauty in the desert, it isn't as green and for some reason I just crave green and Hawaii has that in spades.
On the up side, I'm doing a pretty good business on Ebay selling my Star Wars collection. I hate to part with it but you have to do what you have to do to make ends meet. What little I do make on the site does help if we need food and my husbands check doesn't stretch to include sustenance. It truly amazes me what my old figures go for out of the package not to mention my collection of nude Barbies. Yeah, I know, to old to play with dolls but I enjoy dressing and displaying them so if that constitutes playing so be it. At my age, I really don't give a hoot what people think and my husband, bless his heart, indulges me.
When I first started my Star Wars collection it began with the comics. And my husband, wise man that he is, told me and I quote: "If you're going to collect the comics you might as well collect everything." Famous last words because that is exactly what I did. LOL I LOVE the saga, still do, always will. My collection traveled with me where ever we moved to. I thought I'd always have it but times now are tough and aside from my Barbie collection, it's the only thing that generates decent income. Every piece I've listed on Ebay has me gritting my teeth with regret. However, on the upside (and I do try, despite what my husband thinks at times, to see an upside) my collection is going to someone who is trying to complete there's or who is giving the figure to a child to play with. And in the end that is who the figures where meant for in the first place. Not for people to collect in the hopes they'll make money off of them in the future. That wasn't my intention in the beginning and wouldn't be my intention now. I opened all my figures intending to display them. While they might be worth more money mint in the box, I find I get more enjoyment when they are out of the box and I can handle them, pose them, etc. The most one of my figures sold for was $100.00 and that was a R2-D2 with pop light saber, with the sticker on his body missing and it went to a fellow in Australia. I was floored to say the least. All my figures have made more than what I paid for them originally which just amazes me. Of course they are all in excellent condition since I never was able to display any of them and kept them in a collector's case. I am running low on my figures though so soon I will be selling my other vintage items like pencils, activity book, pez dispensers, and the like. They don't sell as well as the figures and vehicles do and it might be months before one of them actually is bought.
The one thing out of my entire collection that I hope will do well is the set of Star Wars paper dolls that I designed. Back then they didn't have any paper doll sets of the characters and since I liked paper dolls and loved creating them, I created a set myself featuring the three main characters with clothes worn in all three movies. The one who hasn't very many outfits is Han, Luke and Leia have the majority of outfits. I have to do some work on them first before I can list but I do hope to list them in the very near future.
![]() |
| Luke Skywalker drawn by Nora Dennis |
I want to revise the set, add more pictures X-wing, Millennium Falcon, droids, etc to the background before I list the set just to make it more interesting. For the moment, to me at least, the set looks rather bland. I suppose I could revise them completely in the respect of doing them all over again as I'm a better artist now than I was in the 80's, however, I rather am proud of how the originals look and am loath to alter them.
Well, I've pretty much run out of things to write so I will end it here and do my best to post tomorrow. In my next post I will show another of the characters that I've drawn.
Have a great day and May the Force Be with You!!


No comments:
Post a Comment