Sunday, July 10, 2011

Googled Myself




Now, you might wonder who this paper doll is on the left hand side; weeeeelllll....she's Lydia a paper doll I created back in 1982.  I've always loved them and as a little girl when Mom would buy me a paper doll book I'd always end up taking lined paper and making more clothes for the dolls. Paper dolls aren't that popular any more, at least not with the younger set, and I do miss seeing them in the stores. I collect them when I can afford it. I hope to one day attend a paper doll convention and perhaps have a table. I rarely color them in, not that I don't want to but it takes time and I find myself impatient to start a new set. 


Anyway, back to the paper doll...I've since revised Lydia, she's larger and takes up an entire page. I believe I got the pose from a Frederick's Of Hollywood catalog that my husband used to get in the mail. We lived in Hawaii at the time and I made quite a few paper doll sets. I've moved several times and I'm still trying to find them all. I had various types from historical to fantasy, children to adults and all had clothes that I either came up with or I was inspired to create from existing fashions. I believe Lydia's fashions were partially from my ideas and partially from what I'd seen in current trends at the time. It's been so long I couldn't say for sure where her dresses came from. The revised Lydia I sell on Ebay. Since this one is old and she's been updated I'm offering her to anyone who'd like to download and color her. When you've finished coloring the set, please e-mail and let me see what you've come up with. I am doing a color version of the revised one but it's taken me forever to finish it. Tomorrow I will add a page of clothes and each day after that until I've added then all. If you want to see the revised version, look on Ebay. 


Just chillin'

This fine fellow is my next youngest cat, Chance.Or Lucky as my husband sometimes calls him. Why Lucky? Well, he's a rescue. When he crawled onto my porch one hot summer afternoon I didn't know what to do with him. He wasn't mine and I wasn't sure who actually owned him. I couldn't leave him there on the porch so I called the Arizona Humane Society and they pretty much told me that they would put him down. I called everyone I could think of to help this poor boy but everyone I spoke to said that they either didn't have room for him at their shelter or they'd put him down. So long story short (and I do have a tendency to ramble), my husband dished out the money (with the help of the Arizona Feline Network) and we had him fixed up. That was back in 2003 and he's a wonderfully healthy cat. So he became known as Lucky Chance. I call him Chance, my husband calls him Lucky. The point is though, if I'd given him up to the Humane Society he wouldn't be alive now. It just goes to show you that no matter what they spout on television about 2nd chance animals, they aren't telling the truth. Maybe if one of their officers picks up an animal that's injured they'll give it a second chance but if you are concerned person who finds a hurt animal they assume that you actually own it. If not for the Arizona Feline Network (who actually shelter and find homes for HIV kitties) Lucky would probably not be here. So I can't thank them enough for their assistance back in '03.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment