I went today with a good friend and saw The Empire Strikes Back in the theater. It was so nice seeing it on the big screen, which I hadn't done since 1997.
I have all the movies on DVD, yet there is nothing like seeing it in a theater. I wish they'd shown Star Wars and Jedi as well. I would have seen them too.
Before Jedi was released, Empire was my favorite film of the trilogy. I remember how shocked I was when Vader told Luke that he was his son. I simply couldn't believe it and had to wait three agonizing years to find out the it was true.
The Star Wars films have been the only movies I've seen so many times that I can say every line of the films. Now I'm speaking of the middle trilogy, not the first three or the sequels. I wasn't that impressed with the first three nor the last three. The saddest thing with the last three is that Carrie Fisher passed away, and we also lost Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker. I was at the Star Wars Celebration in '87. It was the first convention I'd ever been to.
I'm so glad my friend invited me. Empire never gets old.
![]() |
![]() |
| Paper dolls designed by me. |









No comments:
Post a Comment