Saturday, February 21, 2015

A NEW ADDITION

Top of the world Ma!
Last week there was a new addition to our household in the form of a 6 1/2 foot cat tree. It's been in the house for a little under a week and already Indy has demolished that little mouse you see in the photo of him near the top.  He is very rough on new toys and mice like that just don't survive long.  He does have a squeaky mouse which has held up a little better, though I have had to repair the string twice since it was bought two weeks ago. It is the second squeaky mouse that we bought him. The other one broke off from the handle that is supposed to hang over the door (he played really rough with it while he was quarantined for the "introduction to the family period") and the stretchy part of the string was beyond repair. The second one is holding up slightly better. 

I won't make the written portion of this blog to long.  I mainly wanted to share some photos and a video of the the cats with the new play "toy". Believe me, they are breaking it in. :)  I think Indy loves the fact that he can climb it like a tree. Even Kitty has actually climbed on the back side of the "upper" house to get to the fifth tier (it has six tiers). So without further ado, here are photos and  a video of my babies playing on their new toy. 

 Please excuse the "mess" in the background. I'm in the process of organizing my library and am not finished yet. 








Although Kitty did get into the little house, it didn't take long for Indy to kick her out of it. 

Not quite enough room for two. 

And here is a video of Indy playing with his squeaky mouse in the "hammock". I don't know how well it will hold up under the weight of either him or Kitty. Only time will tell.  


I also want to include another Katy Keene paper doll before the month gets away from me. I'm having a lot of fun organizing all the paper dolls into folders. Katy definitely had more clothes than Barbie, although I'm sure by this time Barbie has surpassed her in the number of outfits she's had since her conception in 57. I wonder if there had been a Katy Keene fashion doll if she'd have been around and gone through several facial changes has Barbie has? 

Since spring is a little late in coming this year, thought I'd post one with that in mind. Here in the southwest the lingering winter temperatures are welcome (I for one HATE the heat of summer) but for those who are living further north and are having to bear the frigid temperatures I know you are longing to feel the warmth of spring and what better exemplifies spring than butterflies? So here is Katy with some spring butterfly fashions. 

KATY KEENE NO 34  MAY 1957

                                 ALOHA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment