so he could deliver his presents to the children who didn't have fireplaces in their homes. Made perfect sense to a six year old child.
Stickers for the above page. These would make great magnets to decorate the fridge with.
Another delightful card from the book. These still have quite a bit of glitter still on them.
In The Raider they are headed for Etterick Forest, a haven for the Bruce's band of "phantom" warriors. Rosalin, in the hopes of helping her brother find them, has been leaving a trail of ribbons in their wake as they've traveled across country. Unfortunately Robert found the ribbons and handed them to her telling her she needed to keep better care of her things. Not disheartened, she has a plan to escape when they stop for the night at Kirkton Manor where she is planning their escape by using the bed linen like Queen Matilda did when she escaped from Oxford castle.
The paper doll for today is from 1934 and is of Mrs. Danny Hoofer from Toots and Casper. Not the best copy of the paper doll but as I said in an earlier posting, one can't be fussy. This one will do until I can purchase a better copy of it. I love it when they show traditional folk costumes from around the world. Seems like all the cartoonist who had paper dolls of their characters did this. The lettering on the top got cut off while I was adjusting the photo. The costume is what a maori girl from New Zealand wore.
It's Papa Who Pays was the strip that accompanied the above paper doll. Hopefully the misunderstanding between Papa and his boss was cleared up. Although I have the following weeks paper doll and the strip of It's Papa Who Pays, it is not a continuation of this one. So it may have continued in the the weekly run.
Til'next time.... ALOHA!!






No comments:
Post a Comment