Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ooops! Forgot!

I was reviewing my blog yesterday and realized I still haven't posted the finished Boots in the yellow and blue dress. How remiss of me!!  So I am rectifying that today. I had fun fixing it. All she really needs is a
background and I'll have to find an appropriate one...perhaps one where she's standing on a dock where a cruise ship is leaving or something along those lines. I'll come up with something. After all this blog isn't called Nora's Nifty Notions for nothing. :)

I'm not to keen on the orange circles that highlight her bodice. I'm not sure if they are to large or just don't seem to fit. I mirrored them though on her shoes. I've always had this thing about matching footwear. Probably a throwback to when I was growing up in the 60's and Mom would wear matching footwear with her outfits. I've always felt someone looked "put together" when their colors cordinated. I also just realized that Boots has Barbie feet! They're minute compared to the rest of her! Her heels are fine but her toes are absolutely miniscule!

I don't have to much to say today so I will keep it brief. I have a treat for you for today's paper doll...TWO paper dolls from the same Sunday section. These are from 1946 and feature Mopsy and "Weekend at the Dude Ranch." Do they even have Dude ranches still?


I divided the two paper dolls so I could adjust them a little better. Hopefully the clothes will fit.
My favorite of Mopsy's outfits has to be the wedding dress.

My favorite of the Dude ranch ensembles is the fringe skirt. When I was a little girl I always wanted to have an outfit like that. My sister owned a horse and I pictured myself riding the range in my cowgirl outfit. EEE HAW!

Well, that's all for today. I'm in the process of trying to hunt down a paper doll for tomorrow. If I can't find one with a matching date, I'll post one that has an unknown one. I have quite a few of those ready to post.

Until next time....


                                                                  ALOHA!

Bonsai Tree
N. Dennis 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment