![]() |
| Maiden and Butterfly Photoshop N. Dennis 2012 |
So...what do you think of the photo at the left? It's a composite picture (obviously lol). My Veronica Perrin doll is wearing the Pocahantas Winter Moon dress. I liked her in the outfit so much that I wanted to do a drawing of her. So I took photos of her in several stances. Then I decided why not put her in a scene of some kind? I took out the plain background found a wonderful forest photo on the web that is outside Annapolis Maryland* and added a yellow swallowtail butterfly** in her hand. I'm really pleased with how she came out. I seriously enjoy combining photos like this. I call my series ALTERED STATES. I have also done this with people and will be sharing my efforts in this blog in future posts.
On a personal note, no job as of yet and we've been without water for around three days. Went to do the dishes and found the water had been turned off. Living in Arizona it's hard not having A/C since it gets so hot. The only saving grace is that it has been cooler for the last few days but the heat index is rising and by the weekend it will be 100 degrees again and without water I can't run the air conditioning since it needs water to keep you cool. There just wasn't money to pay the bill and the hub got behind in the payment. It may have been only $60.00 which isn't much but unfortunately the electric which is always runs high in the summer months, is just a little more important so the hub has been putting off paying the bill. Just wish he'd told me that it might happen so I wasn't so surprised though I did figure that it was because of non-payment and while upset, I did keep my cool and call the city to find out what needed to be paid to have it turned back on. It didn't matter though because the hub wasn't getting paid until today anyway so I still had to be without water. A friend supplied me with large jugs of water and we paid for a few gallons at Fry's. The water is supposed to be turned on some time today, but we'll see. The last time this happened (through no fault of ours) it took until the next day to be switched on. We have until 5 pm today and I'm giving them until 4:00 and if it isn't on by then I'm calling. I really need to cool down the house and take a shower. LOL They've had since 9:00 am this morning to turn it back on. Last time this happened I had called at 3:00 so I can understand then that it hadn't been turned back on until the next day as there wasn't that much time between the time I called and the time when they closed but today they have a whole 8 hours to swing by and turn it on. If they don't, someone is really slacking. I do realize, of course, that the city of Phoenix employees are probably extremely busy and don't have time for such nonsense (to them of course) but I really like my luxuries like running water, A/C and flushing toilets. :)
![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Franz_Liszt_by_Pierre_Petit.png |
Dreams of Love, a beautiful piece of music by Franz Liszt. I absolutely love classical music and find certain pieces calm my soul, much like Hawaii does. This is one of those pieces. In my mind at the moment I am dancing, standing on my toes expressing myself through my dance. Something I used to do when I had two good feet. I used to love to dance, ballet , belly dance, etc. Just to express my emotions. It's a beautiful piece of music and one that suits my current mood.
* http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3581/3522723699_e033ae0e5d_b.jpg
**http://lostvalleygardens.com/LVGblog/imageshome/TigerSwallowtail2.jpg


No comments:
Post a Comment